Its function is to receive the machine-code in the computer system and handle it in CPU for processing. There are two ways in which the control unit function.
- First method would be to use logic gate. This is a hardware process, therefore machine codes will be converted and handled by the hardware.
- Another method would be to use microprogramming. The unit thats responsible for using the microprogramming is the ROM component inside the control unit. In the ROM, there are instructions or codes that function to give command for control unit to act in certain order. Its also known as firmware. What instructions to command would be dependent on the capacity of the processor.
- Abstraction: It filters out the process that does not relate to the process of solving problems.
- Decomposition:This process involves breaking down the task for solving the problem, in order to justify the process more clearly.
Data Modelling: It involves organizing and managing the given data. These data include integer, boolean data and alphabetical characters.
Example, To arrange a single dimensional data, we use array linear list, whereas for 2 dimensional we use table listing process. This is how the data are modelled.
Pattern Recognition: It looks for patterns in an operation or task. If the task requires more time or a common problem occurs again and again then looking for the pattern of the problem, it can be solved in an efficient way. Some standard problem can be solved using standard algorithm.
- Stack: It is a list structure used in modern programming. Just like how books are placed in stack, by placing one after another. Stack in computer system uses the same principle.
The last element added in stack are the ones to be taken out. It is also known as “Last in first, first out” or LIFO order. It allows the user to inspect the last element without removing it, also exchange the previous and last element.